Course Learning Outcome #2

“Enhance strategies for reading, drafting, revising, editing, and self-assessment”

There was a consistent amount of reading done throughout this course. With every assignment, we read certain sections of Technical Communication by Mike Martel that would provide us with insights as to how to go about completing each assignment. In most cases, we also had to do a significant amount of research that required us to read long scholarly sources to gain a better understanding of the topic. This taught us how to develop better reading skills, in order to efficiently grasp what was being read.

In addition, with every major assignment, we wrote drafts for our classmates to peer review. Not only did we receive feedback on our papers but we provided other individuals with aspects they can improve on in their paper as well. The professor also provided comments on our drafts to give us an idea on what we have to improve on. Figure 1 displays a few comments by a classmate on my technical description. This individual also majors in mechanical engineering and he suggested certain details I can include in my technical description that was very useful when I revised my draft.

Figure 1. Comments provided by a classmate